Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Faith versus doubting.

We serve a big God. We serve a God who loves to give us gifts. We serve a God who wants to be in our presence more then we could know. 
And we know all of this, but do we live in it? 
Do my actions toward God align with who He really is? Or do I just know the truth in my head and let my heart act out something completely opposite?

Last Sunday, April 23 I was playing softball with some girls at Charis. On third base I rolled my ankle pretty badly. I was in a lot of pain and ended up at the doctors. They told me that I had sprained my ankle and damaged tissue in my foot! Super fun! They gave me a recovery time of 4-6 weeks.
I was pretty frustrated by this news. I could care less about being in pain, I just don't have the time to be inconvenienced by crutches. They slow me down and make getting places so much work. The worst part of this all was I couldn't do things on my own. The simple act of getting dinner and taking it to the table was impossible for me. I couldn't carry a glass of water, or even open a door without struggling. 
This inability to be independent put me in a sour mood all week long. *I apologize to anyone who had to deal with me.*

This last Sunday while I was at a birthday party some friends of mine prayed over my ankle and one of the girls prophesied that I would wake up in the morning and be healed. I was just kinda like "okay cool" but not really putting any hope in the reality of being healed. Although, I did keep that in the back of my head the rest of the night.
Monday morning, my alarm clock went off, as it always does at 3:27 am. I woke up instantly (which isn't usually the case, I'm good friends with the snooze button). I moved my foot to see if my ankle was healed. And there was pain. Then God reminded me of a verse James 1:6 "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind" And He clearly spoke to me saying I doubt Him. 
I was kinda in shock. I don't doubt the Lord, I have been a christian forever, I know He is big and can do anything. But He kept saying. "You doubt me". AH! And then I admitted to it. And it took me 30 minutes to muster up the faith to believe that the Lord would heal me as soon as I got out of bed. 30 MINUTES! 
However, as soon as I decided to believe, as soon as I decided to take that leap (literally) out of bed, I put both feet down, and there was no pain! God HAD healed me! I was okay! He is a big man! 
I was super blessed by being healed. As my Monday continued I kept being so blessed by the Lord. Remembering and BELIEVING that God healing me is such a small thing to Him. He can do so much more and WANTS to do more when I trust in Him.
I started evaluating my life and asking God "what other areas am I lacking faith"? I am excited to see what He reveals. 

So here is a question for you....
What areas of your life are you lacking faith? 
Ask God, He will tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment