Sunday, April 1, 2012

Craft time.

Well Hello there! How ya been?!
What did you do during spring break? Mine was spent working and crafting! Oh and I also have been in Portland (beaverton) for the weekend!

I thought I would devote this blog post to my crafts from this week!
Wednesday was a dear friends birthday! Miss Alyssa Willia turned 22! Woot Woot! so I made her these fun candle holders!
 Instructions:
1. Get a mason jar, fun paper, mod podge, scissors and ribbon or yarn.
2. Measure the paper to fit around the outside of the mason jar.
3. Cut paper.
4. Cut some sort of design into the paper. (the one with the big L actually spells out love)
5. Glue the back and top of the paper onto the jar using mod podge!
6. Attach a fun ribbon or yarn onto the top of it!
TADA! Your done :) easy!
Also on these candle holders, I took the middle part of the lid off so that you can light the candles. Seems pretty obvious to me, but thought I would clarify!

My next project was inspired by my own forgetfulness! I have been realizing that if I don't write things down that I need to get done, they don't get done.... :) So I made myself a board to hang in my room that will tell me important things do that week and what needs to get done, etc. I also have realized that I forget to pray for people unless I see their name somewhere, so I made a prayer board in a similar fashion!
Instructions:
1. Get a picture frame, scrap book paper, and maybe some fun letters!
2. Put letters on paper in desired location. If your anything like me you have horrible handwriting! I always have to use fun letters otherwise I hate the project :)
3. Put the paper in the frame!
4. Hang it up and use it!
Seriously. Easiest. Craft. Ever.

My next craft this week was inspired by my dear friend Patrick Elliot. Patrick and I have become quite close this year, I might even say he is one of my best friends. And sadly he moved back to Portland. I knew it was coming, just didn't realize how soon! I know he is going to make something big of himself so i made him a present in hopes that he would never forget me! :)
After I took this picture I actually added a verse around the edges, 2 timothy 1:7! Amazing scripture.
Instructions:
1. Get an old vinyl record, stencil, craft wire and spray paint.
2. Tape the stencil securely on the record.
3. Spray paint the record.
--Warning-- you might want to hold down pieces of your stencil when spray painting so that you don't get spray paint under the stencil.
4. After letting dry, put anything else you want on the front! Like I did letters and added a verse!
5. on the back I hot glued craft wire across so that Patrick could hang it on his wall if he wanted.

My final craft was out of necessity! I am in portland and forgot to pack a hat and planned on wearing one on sunday. So of course, I decided I would just make a new one!
Now I make a LOT of hats, but this was my first time doing a tight brim. And I LOVE IT. I just used a drastically smaller needle for the last 5ish rows to get the desired look! It was fun and the hat took about 1 1/2 hours max.

I'm really enjoying this crafting mood and can't wait to see what else I can create this week!

*this weeks blog post brought to you by pandora's radio station Ella Fitzgerald*

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go, you crafty girl! Way to be! We should definitely plan a craft time together since we don't see each other any more this term...Proud a you friend!

    ReplyDelete