Friday, June 10, 2011

What is Love? baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.

THE LIE: 
I am unlovable.

THE TRUTH: 
"For God so LOVED the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have ever lasting life."
-John 3:16

Okay, so God loves the world. That says nothing about me....

 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet of the nations." 
-Jeremiah 1:5

Alright, so God knows me. And?

"He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was LOVE." 
- Song of Solomon 2:4 

Hmm, a banner is a declaration. He DECLARED his love over me. He branded me with it. Alright, but what IS love?

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a

Okay, love never fails? But how long is never?

"Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for LOVE is as strong as DEATH, jealously demanding as the grave, its flames are flames of fire, A most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench LOVE. Nor can the floods drown it. If a man wold give for LOVE all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."
- Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Recap: God came because He LOVES the whole world. But He also formed me and knows me specifically. God declared His Love over me. And Love never fails, because love conquers death and is unquenchable.

Alright, so God loves me, but what the commandment here?

"As the Father Loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in my love."
- John 15: 9 

So that's what God calls us to? To abide in His Love?
Whoa....wait, whats abide mean?

a·bide
verb (used without object)
1.
to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
2.
to have one's abode; dwell; reside: to abide in a small Scottish village.
3.
to continue in a particular condition, attitude, relationship, etc.; last.

I will abide in the LOVE of Christ. I will build my life on His LOVE. And I will believe the truth in His word.

1 comment:

  1. Yes dear girl! And the fact that the Father loves us as He loved His one and only Son, means He loves you like His one and only daughter :) And I love you lots. Keep denouncing the lies and receiving the truth baby girl!

    ReplyDelete