Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May 31st: The dawn of a new day.

May 31, 2009.
This was a day for me to remember. 
On this day, God turned me away from the worldly dirty and unworthy person I had made myself. He filled me with His spirit and empowered me to be a woman of God. He showed me that without Him I am nothing. I am just an empty piece of nothing. God finally broke me. And at this point, I was ready to be broken. I hated myself. I hated who i had let myself become. I hated the compromises that I had made. But in Christ. I am new. I am worthy. I am loved.

"I am so unworthy, but still you love me. Forever my heart will sing of how great you are"
-Phil Wickham, Cannons
May 31 2011.
Was also a day to remember.
God has brought me so far since 2009. He has taught me of His love. Showed me what it really meant to have an interpersonal relationship with Him. God has been teaching me how to treat His like my father, how to treat Him like my lover and how to treat Him like my master. These have been hard lessons. But so satisfying. On December 29, 2010 Christ allowed me to get into a relationship with an amazing man of God. However, that relationship was never mine. It was God's. God was the center and completely in charge the entire time. On May 31, 2011 God gave this man the strength to end the relationship. God wanted to romance me. God is a jealous God and wanted all of me. Although I don't understand His plan, and honestly don't want too. I know that May 31 is once again a monumental day. It was a hard day. But God is good and I know I am safe in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment