Friday, February 10, 2012

Just Do It.

Recently I have been really missing blogging. Honestly I don't know why I don't consistently blog, I think about it enough I should JUST DO IT. So, I decided I would take Nikes slogan and roll with it. I'm just doing it!
One of the funny things about blogging for me is that I all the sudden reevaluate everything I am about to write. I think to myself, what kinda people are going to be reading this? How do I want to come across in this post? Do I want to be silly? Do I want to be serious? Do I want to only write about the Lord? Or do I also want to write about fashion, music and my life? Then I realized. These are ridiculous thoughts. I need to just write about myself. The things I know. My favorite bloggers are those who are just real on their blog. Its not as if there is some formula on how to properly do it! So here it goes....

The Lord is doing a lot in my life right now, I am ecstatic about the places He is taking me. He is teaching me so many things and putting me in a place of complete reliance on Him. I have recently come out of a hard season and now I am feeling so blessed to just be in the presence of the Lord and not feeling broken and like I needed to be fixed. However I am just enjoying His company. 
These lyrics just keep running through my head as I just sit in the presence of God:

"there's no place I'd rather be than here in your love.
Set a fire down in my soul that I can't contain, that I can't control.
I want more of you, God."


Random Thought: Does it disgust you to open an envelope? I can't help but think about the person who LICKED it closed. Gross.

I've decided its time to get healthy! Its not as if I wasn't really healthy before, I just want to make more of an effort. Working out regularly and fixing my dietary needs. I already have a more restricted diet since I am allergic to gluten, but things like soda, candy, chocolate and ice cream need to be a little more controlled. I have successfully kept up my "Warm-For-Your-Form" (WFYF) workout for 2 weeks and loving it! If you don't know what a WFYF workout is I will explain, its a thigh butt and ab work out. But I will continue to post on my progress so all of you will be up to date! haha

Also, i dyed my hair. I think I mentioned that. I just added blonde, but its fun!
 Because I am just doing it, and blogging I decided to add a new section that I find enjoyable!

THINGS I GET AWAY WITH AT WORK:
For those of you who don't know, I work at Timberhill Athletic Club. And I love it. I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday 5:30-11am. Early right? I love it though. Favorite time of the day. I also LOVE the members that come into the club in the morning. There are moments where my job is my favorite place, but those times are rare. I really do love my job.

So today while at work I found some bubble wrap laying around and asked my boss if I could have it. He gave it to me exclaiming that I am like his 6 year old daughter. I agreed. I then took the two sections of bubble wrap and made myself into a blushing bride! Proof! The members got a kick out of it and I thoroughly enjoyed strutting around the club in my new outfit!

 One more little work story for today. Each month a group of members throw a birthday party for any birthdays in that month. It just so happens that my birthday is this month so they kindly invited me! I wasn't able to make it for that long since I was, ya know, WORKING and all. But the dear members dropped off a little plate and a card for me on their way out. I felt incredibly blessed.

I didn't have the heart to tell them I am allergic to gluten and can't eat any of the food! But it was so sweet of them!

What ways have you been blessed this week? Are you enjoying meditating in the presence of the Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment