Monday, May 23, 2011

Theater. Theatre.

I LOVE theater.

I have all my life. Its been a major part of who I am since I was young. And right there came my problem. Theater became who i was, what I identified myself with instead of identifying myself with Jesus Christ. I was in 4 plays a year for a really long time! And then God told me to take a break after my sophomore year of high school. And so I did.

Now, TWO YEARS later, He has given me permission to audition for a play. Last week, I auditioned for Bard in the Quad with Oregon State University. The play this year is As You Like It, by William Shakespeare.

I was so nervous.

But, it ended up being great! I auditioned on Thursday and had the time of my life! Honestly, I didn't realize how much I missed it! Do you ever just really really want coffee? however, you know you need to drink water, and don't want to spend the time and the money on it so you just keep putting it off and off and not getting coffee. However, you keep thinking about it. You smell it and just really want it. And then when you finally give in and drink coffee, its SO satisfying. That is how theater is for me. Its my coffee. It energizes me, it excites me, and it filled that desire I had.
Now I don't know if I got in yet, and honestly its not that big of a deal if I do! (I might be a little sad, but I would understand). However, it was just so fun that God gave me permission to be in a show again! That He trusts me to hold His Glory while fulfilling my passions.
I find out sometime this week if I was cast. And I keep checking the website and my email to see.

I really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment