Sunday, November 28, 2010

Power, Patience and Love

God is SO powerful! Isn’t it crazy that all we have to do is talk to God and he hears us? We can ask Him for whatever we want and He will answer us! Not always the answers we want, and not always in the time we want, but He hears us!
“Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; My God will hear me.” Micah 7:7

I just think that is so amazing. MY GOD WILL HEAR ME! When I pray I am not just hoping that someone will hear and maybe I will get a response. I’m not like a little kid sending a letter to Santa, hoping that he gets my request, wondering how long my letter would take to get to him, worried about it getting lost in the mail. No! I know as soon as the thought, prayer, or question comes out of my mouth He hears me. Isn’t that incredible?
Recently I have just seen God work in miraculous ways. He has just been answering prayers left and right I feel like. My brother Jeremiah trusted God to bring Him a new drum set, just praying and seeking the Lord. And guess what God did? God had someone give Miah a nice drum set! What a blessing! God just wants to bless us, He WANTS to give to us. We just have to ask.
One time I heard someone say “I guess all we can do is pray.” And I thought WHAT?! All we can do? That is such wrong thinking! The MOST we can do is pray! The first thing we should do is pray. God is so powerful; why not seek Him first? God is so loving; why not ask Him for the desires of our hearts? God is so patient; why not bring our frustrations and fears to Him?
I guess this is a little scrambled in thought, sometimes that happens when I get really excited about something! But bottom line, God is powerful, loving and patient. He wants the best for us. All we need to do is pray and seek God, and He will bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment